Tuesday, May 10, 2016

OVER 15,000 SUPERENTHUSIASTIC SUPPORTERS OF BERNIE SANDERS IN THE FAIRGROUNDS OF SACRAMENTO, CA


I worked as a volunteer helping on the line outside Bonney Field where the event took place yesterday (May 9). I would say that over 90 percent of the people were under 30. When I got there at 10:00 AM people were already waiting on line even though Sanders was scheduled to speak at 7:00 PM (he actually spoke at 8:30). Everybody was super cooperative, upbeat and happy. I was also impressed by the number of people who had Bernie signs, pins, shirts and other paraphernalia. Although I hardly can talk on the basis of a scientific sample, people were quite adamant in their rejection of Hillary Clinton. The older Sanders people who are more committed to the Democratic Party express fear that the “millennials” may prefer not to vote or to vote for a third party rather than vote for Hillary if she is the candidate. If that’s the case, consider me a millennial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home